Wednesday 6 August 2008

I have a new bag!

Now, I realise that I already have about 30 bags (and that’s just a conservative estimate), and a lot of people would ask, “so why do you need another?” The reason is that I take a lot of stuff to work each day – a book, lunch, glasses, purse, diary etc – and the bag I was using just wasn’t big enough. Plus I was always losing my keys because they got buried in the one main pocket, and my lunch boxes were too big to fit in comfortably. I think that justifies the buying of another one, don’t you? So I bought this one instead.





And it’s brown and shiny and best of all it has NINE compartments – yes, nine! – so I have a space for everything now and nothing gets lost. Well, until I can’t remember what compartment I put it in.

I can’t describe how happy this bag makes me. Sad, yes, but I took it into town today, and I sat outside having a coffee, and the bag sat next to me, and every so often I’d look up from the pages of Hello! magazine (this week: exclusive photos of Brad and Angelina’s twins – not that I buy Hello!, you understand, but the café had a copy and my brain was too frazzled after a morning interviewing to cope with Vanity Fair) and give it an affectionate stroke. I swear I could almost hear it purring.

No comments: